Covid-19 and MCC church activity
In response to government advice our Sunday services have been cancelled as have many of our regular events and activities inside and outside of the building.
We wish to make it clear that we are not “shutting up shop”, but “church” is going to look very different over the coming weeks, characterised less by attendance at church and more by the prayer and service we offer each day. Many of our services have now been moved online.
The SLT has set up a Covid-19 working group so we can make decisions more swiftly and respond as the situation demands, this group has already:
- Mobilised Life Group leaders to take on practical pastoral care and identified the more vulnerable members of the church family so we can put in place appropriate care for them.
- Communicated a general message of encouragement and information via the MCC Group Facebook page, this video can also be found on the Mowbray Community Church YouTube account (on YouTube search for ‘Mowbray Community Church’ click on the logo and click on the video).
The SLT will meet electronically on Saturday morning for their regular monthly prayer meeting when we will also debrief on the Covid-19 situation.
- We also need to work out what church will look like and how church will operate without meeting together for services. Please pray for us and bear with us as this is new territory.
- Our Pastors and staff team are working from home but are in regular communication and we will be communicating with you regularly. The quickest way to communicate with most of our church family is electronically, but we know that not everyone has access to information shared in this way. If you know anyone who might be out of the communication loop, please give them a call and keep them updated.
- For enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org this will help to ease the pressure on our Pastors. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
Finally, and most importantly, we ask you to pray – that God’s love, hope and peace shines through during this dark time and that we can be wise and kind in all we do and say.
In His name we pray.
Senior Leadership Team