Tim will be starting work with UCCF as Relay Worker in August 2021.
Tim is doing Relay in Leeds, supporting the Christian Union in Leeds Beckett University.
Relay is a ten-month discipleship, training and mission programme run by UCCF, a charity which aims to give every student in Great Britain an opportunity to hear and respond to the good news about Jesus Christ.
Relay Workers equip, resource and encourage student Christian Unions whilst being discipled and trained by a member of UCCF staff.
During my time as a Relay worker I will be working alongside the students of Leeds Beckett University Christian Union to make Christ known on campus and give every student the opportunity to hear and respond to the gospel.
I am excited for the opportunity to be involved in evangelising to non-Christians at Leeds Beckett, discipling CU members throughout their time at university, and encouraging them to grow in their desire to share the good news of Jesus on campus.
The opportunity to grow in my own faith and discover more of God’s grace at work in and through my life is also something which I am eager to see over the coming year as I am discipled and trained for life in ministry by UCCF.
Relay is a voluntary programme, meaning that I will be reliant upon the help of faithful supporters throughout the year. If you would like to support me ether financially, in prayer, or both, then I would love to give you the opportunity to do so by joining my network of supporters. I will be sending regular prayer letters throughout the year to celebrate what God is doing and to request prayer in specific areas of God’s work at Leeds Beckett University.
Pray for Tim
Prayer is a vital part of supporting Tim’s work with Christian Unions. Here are some prayer points from Tim:
- That students at Leeds Beckett University would believe in Jesus and be transformed by the power of the gospel.
- That the Leeds Beckett University CU would grow in their desire and ability to effectively share the gospel with their friends and those they come into contact with throughout their time at university.
- That I would depend wholly on God’s grace in every aspect of student ministry and my personal life.
Partner with Tim
It costs on average £8,000–12,000 to cover the living and ministry expenses of a Relay Worker.
Having a team of people who partner financially and in prayer with Relay Workers means that they can:
- Encourage CU students in their faith in the Lord Jesus.
- Give biblically-grounded answers to students exploring Christianity.
- Support CUs as they seek to give every student the opportunity to hear and respond to the gospel.